Eligibility for Non-Executive Directors
Candidates must qualify as a member of one of the constituencies of Stockport NHS Foundation Trust. These are:
- Bramhall and Cheadle
- Tame Valley and Werneth
- The Heatons and Victoria
- Marple and Stepping Hill
- High Peak and Dales and Tameside and Glossop
- Outer Region (which covers the electoral wards covered by the county / metropolitan councils / districts of: Derbyshire, Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Manchester, Trafford, Salford, Oldham, Rochdale, Bury, Bolton, Wigan and Tameside and those wards in High Peak not covered in the High Peak and Dales and Tameside and Glossop area.
The candidate, if eligible, may submit an application for Trust membership with their application but will not be eligible for appointment unless they have been added to the membership database. Potential candidates should note that the boundaries of the Outer Region are currently subject to review and we intend to increase the geographical area covered by this constituency.
Criteria for Disqualification
The following may not become or continue as a member of the Board of Directors:
- A person who has been adjudged bankrupt or whose estate has been sequestrated and (in either case) has not been discharged.
- A person in relation to whom a moratorium period under a debt relief order applies under Part 7A of the Insolvency Act 1986.
- A person who has made a composition or arrangement with, or granted a trust deed for, his/her creditors and has not been discharged in respect of it.
- A person who within the preceding five years has been convicted in the British Islands of any offence if a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of not less than three months (without the option of a fine) was imposed on him.
- He/she is the subject of a disqualification order made under the Company Directors Disqualification Act 1986.
- He/she has within the preceding two years been dismissed, otherwise than by reason of redundancy, from any paid employment with a health service body.
- He/she is a person whose tenure of office as the Chair or as a member or Director of a health service body has been terminated on the grounds that his/her appointment is not in the interests of the health service, for non-attendance at meetings or for non-disclosure of a pecuniary interest.
- He/she has had his/her name removed from any list maintained pursuant to the NHS (Performers Lists) (England) Regulations 2013 or the equivalent lists maintained in Wales and he/she has not subsequently had his/her name included in such a list.